Head of Quality Systems
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
Your responsibilities will include the following;
- Directs the overall manufacturing quality, continuous improvement, and returns analysis activities for the supply chain and manufacturing organization.
- Drives continual improvement to improve profitability.
- Assimilates data and information to support continuous improvement activities.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Consults with other functions to provide input on approach to improving products, services and processes.
- Trains, coaches and mentors direct and indirect reports as well as other personnel from a quality professional perspective
- Determine and enforce quality and safety requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations and product development.
- Organize and promote companywide quality improvement efforts.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Directly responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on the performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Oversees the development and documentation of Process Flow, PFMEA and the Control Plans. Prepares and submits PPAPs.
- Oversees reporting and disposal procedures for RMA scrap material.
- Oversees the corrective action process.
- Oversees and leads quality improvement by establishing methods of data collection, control charting, dimensional inspection, documentation, or other experimental design techniques.
- Ensure that the organization's Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Report on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
We will provide you with the tools and environment to enable you to be successful, but you will be required to have;
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science, or a related discipline.
- BS or BA with experience in technical oriented role. An MBA is preferred.
- 15 years of progressive experience as a Quality Professional
- Must be knowledgeable of current Quality techniques such as 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, QMS such as ISO 9000:2000, Operational Excellence
- Significant experience as a Senior Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment where you have developed and implemented a quality strategy and quality systems.
- Experience with applications/software systems for manufacturing such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), quality management systems (QMS), product lifecycle management (PLM), manufacturing execution systems (MES), etc.
- Must have knowledge implementing QMS with process deployment within an ERP a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements. Must be able to promote a participative, team-oriented environment, working with all employees, vendors, and others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and vendors.
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.
Applications for this position have closed.